About the Committee
The DEIA committee is responsible for researching and making recommendations on key DEIA focus areas identified by boards and staff to ensure that the organization is aware of emerging trends. The committee will also provide feedback and advice to Sigma Kappa volunteers and staff on specific DEIA issues or projects as requested.
- Work alongside the Sigma Kappa Sorority, Sigma Kappa Foundation, and National Housing Corporation to ensure the boards and staff are aware of emerging issues and trends related to DEIA so Sigma Kappa understands how those developments impact the organization.
- Work in partnership with entity leadership and staff and engage in meaningful conversations to advance DEIA and support Sigma Kappa as a welcoming and respectful organization.
- Study and make recommendations on key identified DEIA focus areas critical to the future of the Sorority experience and its relevance to new generations.
- Provide feedback and advice to Sigma Kappa volunteers and staff on specific DEIA issues or projects, as requested.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly meetings of the DEIA committee.
- Recommend ways to engage and support underrepresented groups in Sigma Kappa.
- Follow up on projects and research between meetings as necessary.