All Meetings & Events
Meetings and chapter events are not required for the remainder of the spring semester/term. If you plan to conduct a virtual meeting, we recommend you streamline all announcements, votes, workshops and other business for one coordinated meeting. If you would like to meet virtually for chapter meetings, sisterhood events, new member meetings, etc., we recommend the use of Zoom. A Zoom Pro account is $14.99/month and includes up to 100 participants and no limit on length of meeting. A business account is $19.99/month and has the ability for 300 participants. We also recommend asking the university if they have a Zoom enterprise account you can use.
New Member Meetings:
You can determine if the best option for your chapter is to hold over your new members until you return to campus or proceed with unfinished Promise meetings virtually.
- The vice president of new member education (VPNME) should check SKILLab weekly to be sure new members are completing the eLearning modules.
- Please make sure you have collected new member fees and initiation fees (if they have been initiated), if you have trouble accessing this admin feature, email SKILLab@sigmakappa.org.
Postponing until Fall 2020:
- Your district programming coordinator can assist in rescheduling and reworking content.
- Make sure you have collected new member fees and initiation fees (if they have been initiated), if you are able.
All ritual events, should be postponed until returning to campus this fall.
Formal meeting virtually:
- You can, but do not have to conduct parts of ritual for a formal voting meeting.
Order of the Triangle:
If commencement is still happening, we recommend combining the ceremony with that event. If commencement is cancelled, we recommend planning a big homecoming event for the fall and including Order of the Triangle as a part of that event. As a reminder, Order of the Triangle is not a mandatory Ritual event.
- Our preference is that you hold over your new members until you return to campus.
- For any spring 2020 new members that were not initiated, please plan an Initiation ceremony as early as appropriate for your return to campus.
New member ceremony:
- If you have new members who did not participate in the new member ceremony, please schedule a new member ceremony immediately upon your return to campus. There will be no penalty for exceeding the seven day requirement from bid to new member ceremony.