Collegiate Spirit of the Foundation Award
Awarded to the collegiate chapter that excels in all areas of Foundation giving (restricted and unrestricted) and service
- Hold at least one qualifying Ultra Violet event that meets all of the UV criteria.
- Unrestricted giving per capita.
- Implements a gerontology service program.
- Conducts at least one chapter educational program about the Foundation per semester.
- Participates in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, measured by amount of money raised (per capita).
- Volunteerism at the Walk (members on Walk committee, chapter volunteers at the Walk).
- Restricted giving to Sigma Kappa Foundation (Alzheimer’s disesase research fund, Maine Seacoast Mission fund, or scholarship fund).
- Chapter has at least 40% membership in 1874 Giving Circle
Application: Information reviewed from VPPS annual report, WALK reports from the Alzheimer's Association on team size and funds raised, and chapter giving calculated by Foundation staff.
Judged by: Foundation district directors with review by the PULSE committee chair and final approval by the Foundation Board of Trustees.
Award: Winning chapter will be presented with a trophy at Convention and will be mailed the trophy in the fall, in non-Convention years.