Whether $10, $100, or $10,000...a donation to the PULSE fund (annual fund), a specific scholarship, a philanthropic initiative, or an estate gift - the bottom line is that every gift counts, regardless of size or designation.
PULSE Fund (annual fund)
The PULSE fund is critical to meeting the ongoing and emerging needs of our sisterhood, which continue to increase year after year.
a strong pulse = a strong heart
- Support Alzheimer’s & gerontology research and the Maine Seacoast Mission
- Fund three scholarships/education grants that support the study of Alzheimer’s
- Support the Maine Seacoast Mission through programming grants
- Meeting the emerging and changing needs of our organization and membership
- Ensuring a sustainable funding source for collegiate emergency grants
- Continuing to invest in the enhancement of the Sigma Kappa Sorority Leadership Consultant Program
- Providing individual leadership development opportunities for our members
- Endow consultant positions at $750,000 per position
- Support from the Alumnae Heart Fund
- Support from the Sister to Sister Disaster Recovery Fund
- Awarding academic scholarships and opportunities for values-based programming
- Bring level of scholarships offered to 80, with each valued at a minimum of $1,000
- Continued growth of scholarship funds to meet the needs of our membership with the ever-rising costs of education
PULSE is not just a way of presenting our priorities; it’s our commitment to Sigma Kappa.
Many companies offer matching gift programs as well as payroll deduction options for employees who make charitable contributions. Please check with your Human Resources Department to see if these options are available to you.
Many chapters have established endowments. If your chapter has an established fund, you can contribute directly to that fund; however, if an endowment has not been created, we can help establish one. Chapter endowments can be used to provide:
- Academic scholarships for chapter members
- Funding for educational leadership programming
For additional information contact Lisa Swiontek, Foundation Executive Director, (317) 381-5531.
Planned giving opportunities create a legacy for the future of Sigma Kappa. By creating a planned gift with the Foundation, your legacy will help to position members for success both today and in the future. The Horizon Society honors members and friends who have designated a planned gift to the Sigma Kappa Foundation. Contact Lisa Swiontek, Foundation Executive Director, to discuss a legacy gift.
Collegiate Giving - $18.74 Giving Circle
Sigma Kappa Foundation offers a unique donor experience for our collegiate members. A gift of $18.74 allows collegians the opportunity to vote where their dollars are being spent as part of the chapter philanthropic project grants selection process. Donations also support fellow collegians through leadership conference scholarships (UIFI and LeaderShape) and sorority programming.
Make a gift of $18.74 each year during your undergraduate experience and receive a dangle to wear with your badge (up to four years).
Dedicated sisters work with the Sigma Kappa Foundation to communicate the impact of annual gifts to the PULSE Annual Fund, ask sisters for gifts and thank those who have participated. Even the busiest of sisters can make a difference with their time. To volunteer or learn more, please contact Rachel Flanigan at firstname.lastname@example.org