1. Do I need any particular experience to serve?
- For volunteer roles such as advisory boards, chapter corporation boards, and various committees, no particular Sigma Kappa experience is required. We are looking for women with time, energy, and a passion for Sigma Kappa! We provide training throughout the volunteer experience to make sure you feel comfortable and successful in your role.
2. What are the specific requirements to become a national officer?
- While not required, it is encouraged that national officers have two years of organizational experience. This provides the organizational knowledge and context needed for various roles.
3. How much time is required as a volunteer?
- Sigma Kappa respects our members and the busy lives they lead. The time commitment depends on the role, the scope of work and what a volunteer's individual schedule will allow. Communication is key to managing time and work effectively.
4. How will I be supported as a volunteer?
- Every Sigma Kappa role is supported by fellow sisters volunteering their time as well. Aside from having a support network through your volunteer team, we share important information through The SKoop, our monthly newsletter for collegiate and national officers; provide training through the Learning Center, our online training platform; and host virtual and in-person training throughout the year and biennially at convention.
5. What kind of travel commitment is expected?
- Many local volunteers live near the chapter they serve, but some volunteers serve remotely as well. Travel depends on the role you hold and what's needed for that position.
6. What kind of remote opportunities are available?
- More and more volunteer roles have a remote/virtual opportunity. In fact, many can be conducted 100 percent virtually.
7. What's micro-volunteering?
- Micro-volunteering describes a volunteer, or team of volunteers, completing small tasks that make up a larger project.
8. What if I have more questions?
- If you have additional questions, or need help with the volunteer interest process, please email email@example.com