Whether $10, $100, or $10,000...a donation to the PULSE fund (annual fund), a specific scholarship, a philanthrophic initiative, or an estate gift - the bottom line is that every gift counts, regardless of size or designation.
PULSE Fund (annual fund)
The PULSE fund is critical to meeting the ongoing and emerging needs of our sisterhood, which continue to increase year after year.
a strong pulse = a strong heart
- Support Alzheimer’s & gerontology research and the Maine Seacoast Mission
- Increase Alzheimer’s endowment to $1 million by 2017
- Raise $200,000 annually through 2017 for Alzheimer’s local and national associations
- Fund three scholarships/education grants that support the study of Alzheimer’s
- Make Sigma Kappa’s annual contribution to the Mission more focused by having the Mission apply for a grant
- Meeting the emerging and changing needs of our organization and membership
- Create a long‐term discretionary funding source by endowing the Heart of Sigma Kappa fund at $1 million
- Increase unrestricted gifts to this endowment to $2 million by 2017
- Continuing to invest in the enhancement of the Leadership Consultant Program
- Increase support for the leadership consultant program to $100,000 per year by 2017
- Establish a Legacy of Leaders endowment to support training costs, targeted at $1 million
- Endow consultant positions at $750,000 per position
- Support from the Alumnae Heart Fund and Sister to Sister Disaster Recovery Fund
- Raise $10,000 annually by 2017 for the Sister to Sister Disaster Recovery Fund
- Grow Alumnae Heart Fund Endowment from $150,000 to $250,000 by 2017
- Awarding academic scholarships and opportunities for values-based programming
- Bring level of scholarships offered to 60 by 2017 with each valued at a minimum of $1,000
- Grow scholarship support by 10% annually through 2017
- Grow the number of chapter educational endowments from one to five by 2017
- Grow the Annual Giving Program for values-based education by five percent annually through 2017
- Grow 1874 Giving Circle to include 35% of all collegiate members
- Endow the Director of Educational Programs position
PULSE is not just a way of presenting our priorities; it’s our commitment to Sigma Kappa.
Many companies offer matching gift programs as well as payroll dedcution options for employees who make charitable contributuions. Please check with your Human Resources Department to see if these options are available to you.
Many chapters have established endowments. If your chapter has an established fund, you can contribute directly to that fund; however, if an endowment has not been created, we can help establish one. Chapter endowments can be used to provide:
- Academic scholarships for chapter members
- Funding for educational leadership programming
For additional information contact Lisa Swiontek, Foundation Executive Director, (317) 381-5531.
Planned giving opportunities create a legacy for the future of Sigma Kappa. By creating a planned gift with the Foundation, your legacy will help to position members for success both today and in the future. The Horizon Society honors members and friends who have designated a planned gift to the Sigma Kappa Foundation. Contact Lisa Swiontek, Foundation Executive Director, to discuss a legacy gift.
Collegiate Giving - $18.74 Giving Circle
Sigma Kappa Foundation offers a unique donor experience for our collegiate members. A gift of $18.74 allows collegians the opportunity to vote where their dollars are being spent as part of the chapter philanthropic project grants selection process. Donations also support fellow collegians through leadership conference scholarships (UIFI and LeaderShape) and sorority programming.
Make a gift of $18.74 each year during your undergraduate experience and receive a dangle to wear with your badge (up to four years).